Are you looking to attract more customers for overnight stays downtown?
The Downtown Development Board’s (DDB) Downtown Events and Meetings Program is designed to support lodging establishments located within the Downtown Development Area and make them more competitive with other meeting hotels within the Orlando area. The program will provide limited grants to lodging establishments to assist them in attracting groups and organizations for overnight stays downtown.
- Maximum funding is $6,000 per meeting/event
- Hotel must book a meeting/event which includes overnight stays of at least 50 room nights total
- Items for which funding requests may be made include, but are not limited to: parking, transportation to and from the hotel upon arrival/departure, room rate reduction, hotel audio visual costs, WiFi costs, group dining costs (not to include room service or alcoholic beverages)
- Funds requested vs. the proposed revenue generated by the booking will be used in determining amount of funding granted, if any
- Application does not guarantee funding and funding is not approved unless and until the Executive Director or his designee approves such funding in writing to applicant
- Proof of expenditure must be submitted with an invoice to the DDB for reimbursement