Artist Needed for City of Orlando I-4 Ultimate Public Art Opportunity
Last updated on July 23, 2020
The City of Orlando is seeking an artist or artist team to create a three-dimensional artwork for a prominent site in downtown Orlando along the new Ultimate I-4. The site is located near the Colonial Drive Pedestrian Bridge in the area generally located south of Colonial Drive, north of Concord Street, east of Garland Avenue and I-4 and west of CSX railway corridor.
The proposed artwork should capture the distinct character and culture of the community and visually enhance the public space.
This Call for Artists is open to professional artists working in three-dimensional media.
Submissions can be received starting today, Thursday, July 23, 2020 and must be received midnight mountain time on August 27, 2020 via the CAFÉ online service. There is no charge for artists to register with CAFÉ or submit an application.
No paper or electronic submissions outside of the online CAFÉ portal will be accepted, except as necessary for those needing special accommodations.
Artists shall submit the information and images requested in the application found on the CAFÉ online service.
TIMELINE: (*dates are subject to change)
- Release of “Call for Artists” on CAFÉ: Thursday, July 23, 2020.
- Artist Submission Deadline on CAFÉ: Thursday, August 27, 2020
- I-4 Ultimate Art Committee Meets to Review Submissions: September 10, 2020
- Finalists’ Proposals Due to I-4 Ultimate Art Committee: October 2020
- I-4 Ultimate Art Committee Meets to Review and Rank Final Submissions: October 2020
- I-4 Ultimate Art Endowment Committee Review of Proposed Artwork and Site: October/November 2020
- Expected Artwork Installation Completed: May 28, 2021
For questions, please contact Mary-Stewart Droege, Project Manager, CRA/DDB at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 407-246-3276.
For media inquiries, please contact Samantha Holsten, City of Orlando PIO at Samantha.email@example.com or at 407-246-4275.