2021 Golden Brick Awards
Last updated on May 05, 2022
During the past year, downtown welcomed new projects and introduced those that will enhance the vibrancy and appeal of the area. Every year, the Downtown Orlando Partnership hosts the Golden Brick Awards to recognize the best community and development projects that impacted downtown.
Thomas C. Chatmon, Jr. Executive Director, Downtown Development Board and Community Redevelopment Agency received the prestigious Downtowner of the Year Award.
The Downtowner of the Year award is given to an individual who gives their effort and energy to promote and advance downtown Orlando. Since joining the City of Orlando 15 years ago, Thomas has overseen economic development, business recruitment, and housing development within the downtown area.
Additionally, we are honored to have received the below awards:
- Award of Excellence – Lake Eola Master Plan
Lake Eola Park serves as downtown’s crown jewel. Since its last major renovation over 30 years ago, the park has become a destination for residents, office workers, and millions of annual events. The process leading to the final master plan included an analysis of the site and its surroundings, and an evaluation of how the park compares to other iconic parks throughout the country.
- Public Works – DDB Special Event Grants Program
Downtown Orlando sees more than 1,500 events a year. The Special Event Grants Program, supports diverse arts and cultural opportunities to encourage a variety of events that promote the goals and objectives of CRA’s Redevelopment Plan, the DTOutlook. In 2021, 35 organizations applied and 30 were approved for funding by the committee. The DDB committed $234,000 to these organizations for their events.
Congratulations to all of the winners!
- Arts - FusionFest
- Community - OUC Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program
- Commercial Development - EA Sports
- Diversity - Come Out with Pride
- Hospitality - The Monroe
- Innovation + Technology - Steinmetz Hall Design
- New Office Design - Orlando Magic Corporate Offices
- Public Works - DDB Special Events Grant Program
- Redesign + Renovation - HKS Architects
- Residential Development - The Yard at Ivanhoe
- Sports + Special Events - Immerse
- Sustainability + Resiliency - Paws in the Park