It’s Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month!
Last updated on May 15, 2023
May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, a time to celebrate and honor the contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders to our nation's history, culture, and society. It's a time to reflect on the challenges faced by these communities and to raise awareness about the issues they continue to face today. We're sharing some Asian American and Pacific Islander-owned businesses in DTO that you can add to your dining bucket list.
DTO is home to many Asian American and Pacific Islander-owned businesses, including Empire Szechuan (341 N Orange Ave), Maki Hibachi (106 E Colonial Dr), Napasorn Thai Restaurant (56 E Pine St 100), Shin Japanese Cuisine (803 N Orange Ave), Takumi Ramen (486 N Orange Ave #8), The Monroe (448 N Terry Ave), Vera Asian (422 N Terry Avenue) and Thai Cafe (217 N Magnolia Ave). These restaurants offer a range of delicious Asian cuisine, from Chinese to Japanese, Thai to Vietnamese. By supporting these local businesses, we can help boost the local economy, create jobs, and show our support for these communities. And best of all, you can grab lunch at one of these spots and the parking is on us with the Park DTO program (restrictions apply).
Here are some other ways to support Asian American and Pacific Islander-owned businesses in DTO:
- Dine-in or takeout at these restaurants: Enjoy a delicious meal at one of these restaurants or order takeout for a quick and easy meal.
- Write positive reviews: Share your positive experiences at these restaurants by leaving a review on Yelp, Google, or other review sites.
- Follow on social media: Follow these restaurants on social media to stay up-to-date on specials or new menu items.
- Share with friends and family: Spread the word about these restaurants to your friends and family and encourage them to support these local businesses too.
- Attend cultural events: Celebrate and learn more about these communities by attending cultural events.