The City of Orlando’s Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) was created in 1980 by resolution of City Council pursuant to Part III, Chapter 163, Florida Statutes.
Pursuant to the resolution, the seven members of the Orlando City Council serve as the members of the CRA. The CRA was established to reduce and eliminate slum and blight conditions within various areas of the City of Orlando.
The CRA follows the same fiscal year as the City of Orlando, October 1-September 30. The CRA does not impose any additional taxes or fees, but is rather funded by general ad valorem tax revenues generated from increases in property values within each CRA Area since its creation. As a Florida special district, a unit of special purpose local government, Part III, Chapter 112, Florida Statutes, provides general pertinent ethics rules applicable to the CRA.
- Annual financial reports are available on the state’s website.
- City’s Comprehensive Annual Report
- CRA Creation Resolution 1980
The remaining regularly scheduled meetings of the CRA for 2017 will commence at 2:00 p.m. on October 25, 2017, November 13, 2017 and December 11, 2017.
- Wendy Connor, Chair – True Marketing
- William “Bill” Lambert, Vice Chair – Red Lobster
- Robert “Doug” Taylor, Chair – Church Street Entertainment
- James “Jamie” Barati – Cite Partners, LLC
- Orange County Commissioner Victoria P. Siplin
- Terrence J. Delahunty, Jr. – Delahunty Legal
To request meeting minutes and agendas from previous months, please e-mail Ashley Edwards at Ashley.Edwards@downtownorlando.com.
Looking for parking in the Downtown Orlando area?
Don't know your way around the Downtown Orlando area?
Looking for events in the Downtown Orlando area?